Saturday 21 February 2015

Enjoying the life I have

This morning Alice and I went for a walk. I was amazed to find that by going to the gym over the last few months I'm fitter than I have been in a long time. I still need my sticks to walk and I know I'll always need them now but we walked so much further than I could before starting at the gym. I wish I had started taking care of myself before getting sick because it's so much harder to do it once you are sick. If by reading this blog even just one person with HD feels encouraged to stay active I will feel like it's worth writing this blog. I'd love to be able to inspire and encourage people that are in the same predicament.



I like that Alice and I can still do the things we love doing together. The tracks we walk are much much easier than I used to do and I can't do hiking like I'd like to do but I'm happy that my body is still allowing me to do this much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment