Friday 13 February 2015

Not the best week

This week hasn't been too good. Had a couple of days where I wasn't too good. Got up Monday morning to go to the gym, was all ready to go when my balance went and I got wobbly. I also had a funny tummy but not sure if it's huntingtons related. I'm back at the gym now but my strength and energy has completely gone. I've been sleeping lots this week. After a visit to the gym I'm needing a sleep each day. But at least I'm getting out of the house, exercising and meeting people. I think the exercise is helping my balance and that it's helping my chest muscles be stronger so I am not chocking as much.  I'm hoping it will help with winter ahead of us so if I get a bad cold or flu I'm hoping that it will be easier to cope with. That's my plan anyway. I'd be lost without the gym. It gets me out of the house and I've met a few people who are aware of me having HD and they are good at chatting with me. And one or two of them have said they keep an eye on me incase I'm finding things hard. I get lots of support there. Alice (my wife) is driving me to the gym in the mornings now on her way to work to save me walking so much as I was getting tired on the walk there before I started my workout. Even though I've been exhausted this week I've been happy.  I've accepted my huntingtons and that I'm not going to get better but I'm not going to let anything beat me!



This has been my afternoons this week. Could be worse I guess but just wish I had more energy.




No comments:

Post a Comment